In preseason action, the Lakers ended up 3-3 which if this .50 were in the regular season would put them as the eight seed. Although we know this doesn’t matter other than getting some good practice for younger players with various rotations.
For all the hype surrounding LeBron James’ first preseason game with the Los Angeles Lakers, remember it was just that: a meaningless preseason game. But was it actually meaningless?
James had nine points on 2-of-6 shooting, three rebounds and three assists — all in the first half — as the Lakers lost 124-107 to Denver, an improving team that will push for a playoff spot this season. James only played in the first half.
While the Lakers showed glimpses of their season potential, they also have a long way to go offensively and defensively as they try to learn out how to incorporate James with a core of young talent and some established vets.
REMAINING LAKERS 2018 PRESEASON SCHEDULE
* Tuesday, October 2, v. Denver Nuggets @ Staples, 7:30pm
* Thursday, October 4, v. Sacramento Kings @ Staples, 7:30pm
* Saturday, October 6, v. LA Clippers @ Anaheim, 7:00pm
* Wednesday, October 10 v. Golden State Warriors @ Las Vegas, 7:30pm
* Friday, October 12, v. Golden State warriors @ Golden State, 7:30pm